Skip to content

To protect, to rehabilitate and to serve

Contact the Department

General enquiries

The below contact details are for general enquiries only. Other contact details are available on Our locations page.

Phone contact only available between 8.00 am to 5.00 pm AWST.

Telephone:  13 67 57

Within Australia / Interstate: 08 9264 1600

Outside Australia / International: +61 8 9264 1600

Corrective Services and Adult Community Corrections: +61 8 9264 1711

Street address:
Department of Justice
David Malcolm Justice Centre
Level 23
28 Barrack Street

Postal address:
GPO Box F317

Specific enquiries

Select a business area to send an online enquiry.

  • Adult Justice Services

    All prison-related enquiries including visiting times and locations, prison contract details, release dates. All tender enquiries or concerns regarding facilities should also be directed here.

  • Youth Justice Services

    Information on young people in detention including bail, parole, remand details, community work, court appearances for children, centre locations and contact details and services available to young people in detention.

  • Freedom of Information

    Contact to assist you with requests to obtain access to documents and records under the Freedom of Information Act 1992.

  • Human Resources (HR)

    For information about recruitment or careers with the Department, refer to the working with us page, list of current vacancies in the Department or contact by email to

  • General enquiries

    All general enquiries including media and events only.

  • Victim Notification Registry

    Victims seeking information about the perpetrator of the crime against them. This includes details about the offender's sentence, any escapes from custody and recapture, impending release dates and the results of any appeals against the sentence.

  • Webmaster

    Website enquiries, its content, technical issues or finding information on the website.

For a complete list of the Department's business areas and contact details, refer to the business contacts page.

Complaints, compliments or suggestions

ACCESS is a dedicated service within the Department of Justice, Corrective Services that manages complaints, compliments and suggestions for and related to prisoners and offenders state-wide. This service is created as part of the Department’s commitment to delivering high-quality complaints management for prisoners and offenders and maintaining an agency that is open and honest.

ACCESS is available to all prisoners and offenders and the general community who have something to report or say to the Department of Justice, Corrective Services in relation to prisoners or offenders.

Out of scope of ACCESS service

  • Complaints in relation to staff / officer misconduct with the exception of prisoner complaints relating to staff misconduct which will be received by ACCESS and then forwarded to the relevant business area within the Department for assessment.
  • Informal or formal staff / officer grievances.
  • Inquiries from / to internal areas of the Department that do not relate to an ACCESS lodged or managed matter.
  • Inquiries from / to external agencies that do not relate to an ACCESS lodged or managed matter.

For more information, please contact via:

Telephone: 1300 306 922 (toll free)
  • Complaints:
  • Compliments:
  • Suggestions:
Online form: Please use our online form.

Taking the complaints further

The public can also make complaints about the Department of Corrective Services to other government agencies:

  • Ombudsman of Western Australia
    For reviews of our administrative actions.
  • Corruption and Crime Commission of Western Australia
    To report unethical or improper conduct by Department staff.
  • The Office of the Inspector of Custodial Services
    An independent statutory body that examines standards and operational practices of custodial services in Western Australia.

Page last updated: 16-May-2019