Regional Youth Justice Services
The Regional Youth Justice Services model was developed to divert young people from the criminal justice system and support them and their families to make positive choices.
Regional Youth Justice Services currently operate in the Goldfields, Mid-West Gascoyne, West Kimberley, East Kimberley and the Pilbara regions.
Regional Youth Justice Services offer:
- management of young people on community orders
- an extended-hours family support service (PDF 244 KB) for young people at risk of offending and those who commit minor offences
- an extended-hours bail service (PDF 227 KB) to help police find a responsible adult to provide bail for young people who are eligible for bail
- emergency short-stay accommodation for young people who have been given bail but have no-one to bail them and nowhere to go
- a dedicated juvenile justice team (PDF 312 KB) to help young people in the early stages of offending and keep them away from the formal justice system
- psychological support.