The Department of Corrective Services is committed to improving the accessibility of this website to all people, including:
- people with disabilities
- people using mobile devices
- those on slow internet connectivity.
This website aims to meet the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 web standard level AA and AAA compliance.
Whilst this website has been developed to follow to the accepted standards and guidelines for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
Below are a range of accessibility features that have been implemented on this site:
- alternative text for images – providing brief description of images in use. Images used for decorative purposes do not contain alternative text
- colour contrast - optimum visual contrast has been used to ensure users with visual impairments, low vision and colour blindness are able to see the content
- navigation menu is accessible via touch screens
- responsive design for mobile devices including desktops
- skip to content links - a logical tab order and content available in a linear format to navigate using assistive technologies
- text resizing – using the zoom and increase font function in your browser's menu.
- tables – where practical tables are only used to display tabular information with row and column headings defined in the HTML code used for assistive technologies.
Google web translator
Please use the following links to translate the Department of Corrective Services website via Google Translate service.
Note: The Department is not responsible for the effectiveness of the Google Translate service.
Tools on the web
Some tools online make it easier for people with disabilities to view and navigate web content. These include:
If there is information on this site in a format you cannot access or if you experience any other accessibility difficulties, please contact us.
To help improve the accessibility of our website, we welcome your ideas and contribution to Online Services.
Page last updated: 17-Oct-2016