Acacia Prison is one of 2 privately-managed prisons in Western Australia. The prison is owned by the Department of Corrective Services which contracts management of the prison to an external service provider - Serco.
Acacia's open-plan, campus-style design means prisoners can move around within the complex fairly freely. Prisoners use 'smart card' technology to move within the prison, access their bank accounts and buy goods from the canteen.
Acacia's focus is on rehabilitation and it has a number of industries prisoners can work in including metal work and wood work.
|Gender of population:||Male|
(as at 21 October 2015)
|Location:||54.6 km east of Perth|
- All visits by appointment only.
- To make an appointment:
- phone +61 8 9573 3300 and select option 1
- Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 11.30 am and 12.30 pm to 3.00 pm
- Friday visit bookings close Thursday 11.30 am
- Saturday bookings close Friday 11.30 am
- Sunday bookings close Friday 3.00 pm
- The number of visitors per visit is limited to 6 with a maximum of 3 adults.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
- 8.00 am to 9.15 am
- 9.45 am to 11.15 am
- 1.00 pm to 2.30 pm
- 3.00 pm to 4.30 pm
Protection only visits
- Monday 9.45 am
- Saturday 1.00 pm
- Sunday 8.00 am
All other visits are Mainstream.
A free bus service is available from Midland Train Station on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The bus service must be booked when the visit is booked as seats are limited.
Buses leave Midland Train Station on:
- Friday at 7.15 am, 8.45 am and 2.00 pm
- Saturday at 7.00 am, 8.45 am and 2.00 pm
- Sunday at 7.15 am, 8.45 am and 2.00 pm
- Monday at 7.15 am, 8.45 am and 2.00 pm
There are no public transport services to the prison.
The cashier is available Monday to Sunday 8.00 am to 11.30 am and 12.30 pm to 3.00 pm, except public holidays.
Cash and EFTPOS available.
Great Eastern Highway
WOOROLOO WA 6558
Telephone: +61 8 9573 3300
Facsimile: +61 8 9573 3350
Locked Bag 1
WOOROLOO WA 6558
Latitude: -31.968884, Longitude: 115.93133
Page last updated: 17-Oct-2016