Acacia Prison is one of 2 privately-managed prisons in Western Australia. The prison is owned by the Department of Corrective Services which contracts management of the prison to an external service provider - Serco.
Acacia's open-plan, campus-style design means prisoners can move around within the complex fairly freely. Prisoners use 'smart card' technology to move within the prison, access their bank accounts and buy goods from the canteen.
Acacia's focus is on rehabilitation and it has a number of industries prisoners can work in including metal work and wood work.
|Gender of population:||Male|
|Operational capacity (as at 2 October 2013):||1007|
|Location:||54.6 km east of Perth|
- All visits by appointment only.
- To make an appointment:
- phone +61 8 9573 3300
- between Monday to Thursday 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and 12.30 pm to 3.00 pm
- Friday visit bookings close Thursday 12.00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday bookings close Thursday 3.00 pm
- The number of visitors per visit is limited to 6 with a maximum of 3 adults.
Visiting timesFriday to Sunday
- 8.00 am to 9.15 am
- 9.45 am to 11.30 am
- 1.00 pm to 2.30 pm
- 3.00 pm to 4.30 pm
A free bus service is available from Midland Train Station on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The bus service must be booked when the visit is booked. Buses leave Midland Train Station on:
- Friday at 7.15 am, 8.45 am and 2.00 pm
- Saturday at 7.00 am, 8.45 am and 2.00 pm
- Sunday at 7.15 am, 8.45 am and 2.00 pm
Refer to Transperth for more public transport options. There are no public transport services to the prison.
The cashier is only available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Great Eastern Highway
WOOROLOO WA 6558
Telephone: +61 8 9573 3300
Facsimile: +61 8 9573 3350
Locked Bag 1
WOOROLOO WA 6558
View larger map
Latitude: -31.968884, Longitude: 115.93133
Page last updated: 2-Oct-2014